1. Basis of Christian Ethics:-
- Christians refer to the Bible for guidance in their actions/the moral choices they make in life
- The conscience provides guidance on choices made
- Jesus’ teachings guide Christians when making decisions that involve moral judgement
- Church community provides guidance to one’s moral choices
- A Christian’s faith in God determines one’s behavour
- Church rituals are a source of Christian ethics.
- Positive African cultural values have been incorporated into Christian teachings thus guiding people’s behaviour
- Christians derive ethics from authoritative Christians literature
- Secular state law found in a country’s constitution provides guidance on the behaviour of its citizens
- As God reveals Himself to Christians he guides Christians on how they should behave
- Natural law- where one has the awareness to choose well and avoid evil
- Situation ethics provide a source for Christian ethics as the situation one finds himself/herself in determines the course of action (6×1 = 6mks)
2. the basis of Christians ethics.
– The bible offers answers to questions related to life of a Christian.
– The conscience tells people whether it is worthwhile to do or not to do something.
– Faith in God – one tries to live in making decisions.
– Church community – gives to live in making decisions.
– Church community – gives guidance on moral behaviour.
– Rituals such as baptism, marriage and vows are taken for one to lead a pleasing life in God.
3. five basis of Christians ethics
- Natural law
- Situation ethics
- Sacred scripture(bible)
- Human reason and experience
- Christians community
4. The basis of Christian ethics?
- The bible and sacred scriptures.
- The human conscience( reason and experience)
- Teaching faith in God
- Teaching of Jesus Christ.
- The church or Christian community.
- The church rituals
- Traditional African culture and morality.
- Authoritative Christian literature.
- Secular state laws
- God’s revelation.