Economic importance of the housefly and how it is controlled.
The housefly is a vector which helps in spreading about 60 or more disease; this has been made possible through indiscriminate feeding habits; some of the diseases spread by houseflies are typhoid, cholera, dysentery and poliomyelitis; This causes the people and governments to spend money in buying drugs and training personnel who treat these diseases.
How to Control Housefly
- Putting in proper methods of human wastes disposal
- Proper disposal of garbage whose rotting / decay will provide a breeding place.
- Food for human consumption should be stored in such a way so that houseflies do not settle on it.
- Homes should be kept clean as way of removing attraction for flies into the house
- Personal hygiene should be observed.