|Download These Files for Free in Either .Pdf or Ms Word|
|451 COMPUTER Form 3 End Term 1 Exam Questions.doc|
|FORM 3 OPENER EXAM TERM 1 2020 COMP MS.doc|
|FORM 3 OPENER EXAM TERM 1 2020 COMP.doc|
|Download our new Exams App|
Computer Form 3 Past Paper Questions with Marking Scheme
SECTION A (40 Marks)
Answer all the questions in this section in the spaces provided.
1. Define the following. (2 marks)
ii) Information Systems.
2. List two differences between analogue and digital data. (2 marks)
3. Define the term data processing as used in computer science. (1 mark)
4. One of the keys, which can be used when designing a database, is primary key. What is a primary key? (1 mark)
5. Differentiate between the following.
i) Online and Batch processing. (2 marks)
ii) Multitasking and Multiprocessing. (2 marks)
iii) Cold booting and warm booting. (2 marks)
6. (i) Mention any two examples of pointing input devices (2 marks)
(ii) Explain the term “Disk formatting” (2 marks)
7. Define an operating system (2 marks)
8. Explain TWO characteristics of the 5th generation computers. (2 marks)
9. State two functions performed by the UPS (2 marks)
10. a) Explain why the following controls should be implemented for computer based systems (2 marks)
ii) Work out the binary subtraction 101012 – 1102 (2 marks)
11. Mention 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of Real-Time processing. (4 marks)
12. a) What is a word processor? (1 mark)
b) Outline any 4 editing features of a word processor. (2 marks)
13. List 3 advantages of using electronic spreadsheets over manual worksheets (3 marks)
14. Explain the meaning of the following terms.
i) Logical file (1 mark)
ii) Physical file (1mark)
15. Give one example for each of the following types of function used in spreadsheet (2 marks)
Computer Form 3 Questions SECTION B (60 MARKS)
Answer question 16 and any other 3 questions.
16. a) What is programming? (2 marks)
b) Differentiate between the following terms (4 marks)
i) Compiler from interpreter
ii) Source program from object program
iii) Pseudo-code from flowchart
iv) High level computer language from low-level computer language
c) i) Explain the difference between Random Access Memory and Read Only Memory (2 marks)
ii) Define; (4 marks)
d) Explain three effects of introduction of ICT in workplaces. (3 marks)
17. a) What is a database? (1 mark)
b) Differentiate a table and a query as used in database (2 marks)
c) State and briefly explain any two-database models (4 marks)
d) List down the six stages in program development. (6 marks)
e) State two types of errors associated with program testing and debugging. (2 marks)
18. The teacher has bought a computer system. The hardware items include 800MHz processor, 640MB of RAM, a sound card, speakers, a monitor, a keyboard, a 12 GB hard disk, a floppy disk drive, a CDRW drive, a mouse, a modem, an inkjet printer and a joystick. The software supplied included: an OS, a BASIC interpreter and the following packages: spreadsheets, graphics, word processor, art database and games.
a) List three input devices from the given specifications. (3 marks)
b) Explain the meaning of the following (6 marks)
ii) 640 MB
c) Some of the students in the school use the computer to do homework. Name the packages used to:-
i) Do calculations and draw graphs (1 mark)
ii) Write an essay (1 mark)
iii) Make a poster (1 mark)
d) Students enjoy playing noisy computer games
i) Which hardware items do you need to produce sound? (2 marks)
ii) Which input device is used only for playing games? (1 Mark)
19. (a) Explain the following terms as used in computer science. (3 marks)
(ii) Data privacy.
(iii) Data integrity.
(b) Computer virus is one of the major data security threat in the world today.
i) What is a virus (1 mark)
ii) State any three ways virus can transmitted (3 marks)
iii) Explain any four measures that should be taken to prevent data loss through viruses.
iv) Differentiate mechanical data processing method from electronic data (2 marks)
v) Differentiate between data security and data privacy. (2 marks)