Murang’a High School was started in 1964 through the Catholic Diocese of Nyeri, at that time under the late Bishop Gatimu. The mission built classrooms and administration block, to enable the school to admit its first students in 1964. The school started with a total number of 35 students (boys), drawn from the then Murang’a Administrative Divisions of Kangema (5 Students), Kigumo (5), Kandara (5) and the host Kiharu division (20) boys. Two teachers were posted to teach at the school.
The late Bishop Gatimu, in 1996 appealed to the Government to take over the running of the school, and the Government took over and started building permanent structures for the school, through USAID funding. It constructed office block, dormitories, dining hall, laboratories and three streams. The school has now 6 streams in form 1 & 2, and 5 streams in form 3 & 4 with a total of 1201 students, 40 teaching staff and 30 non-teaching staff. Murang’a High School remains a Catholic sponsored School to date. It has a total acreage of 31 (acres), which include St. Mary’s Primary School.
The School Motto is: Discipline, Order and Determination.
Murangá High Vision: To be a model center of excellence in discipline and academic performance in the country.
Murangá High Mission Statement: To inculcate develop and nurture exceptional and desirable knowledge, skills and attitudes capable of making an all-round person.
Contacts: Email addresses:
enquiries(@)murangahigh.(sc.ke), or principal(@)murangahigh. (sc.ke)
Location of Murangá Boys High school
The school is located in Murang’a town.