END TERM 3 EXAM – 2022 FORM 1 BUSINESS STUDIES.
TIME: 1 ½ HOURS
Answer all questions in the spaces provided.
- State four characteristics of basic wants. (4mks)
- Classify each of the following production activities as either Primary, Secondary or Tertiary. (4mks)
|Activity||Level of production|
|Constructing a bridge|
- 3. Name four commercial services which are useful to a manufacturer. (4mks)
- State the type if utility created in each of the following cases. (4mks)
- There is exchange hence one is able to acquire what they do have.
- Goods are stored until when they are needed.
- Goods are taken to where they are required.
- Converting goods to the right shapes and sizes required.
- Highlight four characteristics of Direct production. (4mks)
- What are the payments for the following factors of production. (4mks)
- State four disadvantages of Division of labour and specialization. (4mks)
- State four functions of an entrepreneur. (4mks)
- Apart from shows and exhibitions list four other sources of business ideas. (4mks)
- Highlight four reasons why a business needs a business plan. (4mks)
- State four ways of classifying goods and services produced in an economy. (4mks)
- Name four duties carried out in an office. (4mks)
- Highlight four characteristics of a good filing system. (4mks)
- List four roles of filing in an office. (4mks)
- List three types of office layouts. (3mks)
- Name the office equipment used to perform each of the following tasks. (4mks)
- Printing stamp impression on envelops.
- Cutting paper into required sizes
- Pinning papers together
- Recording, processing, sorting and retrieving information.
- State four factors to be considered when selecting office equipment. (4mks)
- State essential qualities of an office staff. (3mks)